Target Audience: Individuals filling a hospital patient decon team safety officer or team leader position.
Description: Introduction to:
- important physical, chemical, and other properties of hazardous materials
- physical state of a hazardous material
- toxicological principles and concepts to organize the medical management of hazmat patients.
- toxicokinetics with toxicodynamics.
- toxic syndromes (toxidromes) due to hazardous materials.
- approach for treating victims of hazmat incidents
- personal protective equipment (PPE) for hazardous materials incidents.
- antidote indications, contraindications, complications, dosage and route.
Continuing education credits for the BHLS course include 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM
Periodicity: Available to individuals or organizations anytime online.
Course Length: 3 Hours
Backup Point of Contact: Deb Teske; Teske.Deborah@mayo.edu